Last-modified: 2010-11-27 (土) 17:39:30
A subset Y of a space X is said to be 2-paracompact in X iff for every open cover U of X, there exists a collection V which satisfies:
- V consists of open subsets of X;
- V covers Y;
- V is a partial refinement? of U;
- V is locally finite at Y.
- This is not a property for topological spaces, but subspaces.
- The term "2-paracompact" is often shortened to "paracompact".
- See 1-paracompact, 3-paracompact.
K.P.Hart, J. Nagata and J.E. Vaughan, Encyclopedia of general topology, Elsevier Science